A place for sharing new work and maintaining dialogue.
Friday, March 18, 2011
Latest Version
Latest version with some sound work experimentation. I'm writing the narration currently. It's still a sketch at this point. I think I'm in a good spot with it now. A story is forming from working with the video.
You had me for the first 45 seconds, with the video starting up, coming in slowly and then noise and flash starting to go up. Then you lost me for the second half when it dropped down and it was just shots of the model standing around. I want to see this video get to a high climax.
who knows, (i don't know) maybe it ends with a burst of light. the light, the radiating aura, the life force, coming out, exploding from build up, like a volcano on earth.
Agree w/ Master Cylinder... Why do you want a narrative? There are some interesting editing and sound choices you make in the first half that fall off abruptly in the second half.
I agree, Im not sure what kind of story you have in mind, but it starts to feel a bit mundane about half way through, sound aside. I do really like how it starts though, does it need to be that long? In the context of a promo video on a homepage, Im not sure that I would stick around to watch the whole thing as it stands, which is actually how I felt about the video that's there now.
I think its that theres a kind of mechanical pace, largely due to the sound, thats lost at 42 sec. And I really like that aspect of it, its not fast or slow, just mechanical feeling. Then it changes to feeling like a normal photo shoot. Maybe the sound would tie it all together, hard to say. But I like where its headed.
3 comments:
You had me for the first 45 seconds, with the video starting up, coming in slowly and then noise and flash starting to go up. Then you lost me for the second half when it dropped down and it was just shots of the model standing around. I want to see this video get to a high climax.
who knows, (i don't know) maybe it ends with a burst of light. the light, the radiating aura, the life force, coming out, exploding from build up, like a volcano on earth.
Agree w/ Master Cylinder...
Why do you want a narrative?
There are some interesting editing and sound choices you make in the first half that fall off abruptly in the second half.
I agree, Im not sure what kind of story you have in mind, but it starts to feel a bit mundane about half way through, sound aside. I do really like how it starts though, does it need to be that long? In the context of a promo video on a homepage, Im not sure that I would stick around to watch the whole thing as it stands, which is actually how I felt about the video that's there now.
I think its that theres a kind of mechanical pace, largely due to the sound, thats lost at 42 sec. And I really like that aspect of it, its not fast or slow, just mechanical feeling. Then it changes to feeling like a normal photo shoot. Maybe the sound would tie it all together, hard to say. But I like where its headed.
Post a Comment