
In looking into the mechanics of LCDs, I discovered an exciting parallel to what I was doing by shooting this video in polarized light. My hope for this video is to allude to the torch breaking the glass from behind the screen, or "inside" an lcd monitor (which it will be displayed on). By having the glass literally between two sheets of polarized film as I heat it, I am figuratively placing myself inside the layout of the LCD, where the tempered glass stands in for the liquid crystal, and the torch for the voltage.
1 comment:
the way this screen or window (since you are on the other side of the glass) breaks could be changed since you in a sense are in control of the video and how it looks. so then you become in control of how/when/the color of it breaking. either way i think i can definitely see the lcd/monitor screen now as a sheet of glass or a plane in between me and you on the other side of it in the way that you are presenting and talking about it. installation only, batteries not included.
Post a Comment