Working on a video for an apparel designer. She asked me to shoot video during a photo shoot for her look book. I've been organizing and working with the footage to come up with something. I made this today as a test. I'm looking into what I can do with the flashes. I'm just starting this project so this is the "first" thing I've made with the footage shot. There's no sound.
4 comments:
I'm into the scanning effect.
you can play with ideas of the subway and light entering each window...
or the idea of an elevator moving down or up, with a story as ephemeral, movements, either playing with speed of video, heightening of sound, transfer, gradation, apparel morphing into the next pieces throughout the look book, playing w/ rate of flashes, etc...
those first few first moments of minimal delay made me really question what i was seeing, if the offset was in my own mind. i was forced to watch deliberately. then the flash came along, a needed confirmation that i wasn't going crazy, and my relationship to the video returned to normal. i look forward to seeing this manifest into something larger
The first half is more engaging for me. Along the lines of what Matt said about the elevator, it implies vertical movement or the viewing of a reel, and is subtle enough in the time between flashes to reference the light of a photo shoot while being totally removed from the feeling of that environment which I like. It draws attention to the model as a person or a character which fashion photography seems to me to do the opposite of.
Post a Comment